talkhuntin.com
Thank you for visiting the TalkHunting Community. We encourage you to register and jump right in. Since membership is free, what do you have to lose? This is a place to learn, have fun, share your experiences and express ideas. As a member, you can add your own comments and topics, participate in the promotions and really enjoy all that TalkHunting has to offer.

Don
Bass Pro Shops

Author Topic: Rut in Alabama ?  (Read 737 times)

Offline topdog3k

• Button Buck
Rut in Alabama ?
« on: January 05, 2011, 10:33:56 PM »
Hey out there!
I hunt primarily in Etowah county,actually near Calhoun county,my question is is anyone seeing any signs of
rut activities yet ?
 I for one haven't seen hardly any rubs yet ?
I did see 3 wild dogs chasing 4 does yesterday,it was my wife's first time to go hunting,we had a blast!

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Smash Something....
Re: Rut in Alabama ?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 10:45:03 PM »
The deer are rutting in Morgan County and starting to chase in Fayette County, your on the other side of the state from Fayette though and southeast of Morgan so I don't know what to tell you. It seems like every 20 miles is different in Alabama.  It's good to take the lady out on stand with you. I took mine earlier this year and she got the nickname rain dancer because she moved around so much it looked like she was doing a rain dance in the stand --099-780 It was priceless memories!
NRA
DU
NWTF
North American Whitetail Member
Buckmasters Member
Bassmasters Member
Nocturnal Outdoors Pro-Staff
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline capttrae

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Mag Staff Writer
Re: Rut in Alabama ?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:08:57 AM »
Didn't c any sighn of it this afternoon but didn't get to look long. Heard of a 167" buck being killed over towards Elba though

Offline Possum

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Rut in Alabama ?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 08:38:44 AM »
Seeing a few fresh Rub's near area's I hunt (But I haven't scouted for any)
Had one on a tree that was less then 12 hours old Monday (Fresh tracks with dirt kicked up) and peeled bark had yet to darken)...
Deer moved around 9 AM yesterday but no shooters and didn't move till after dark...
Freelance Outdoor Writer

New Page 3

Fall Hunting Classic Online at Basspro.com