New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Blinds  (Read 1094 times)

Offline BOW HUNTER

• 7 Point
Blinds
« on: July 12, 2008, 07:07:15 PM »
 Has anyone tried the shoot thru blinds that are on the market? The mosquito's around here this year are big enough to throw a saddle on. I'm thinking a bug free blind wouldn't be too bad.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:16:01 PM by BOW HUNTER »
N. Hoffmann, Racine,WI

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
Re: Blinds
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »
I have with a gun but not a bow. Tip... Use the standard open window popup blinds and use a thernacell inside. it keeps the bugs out great....
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline TxHunter

• 10 Point
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 01:06:46 AM »
I'll second that.  You can not go wrong with a thermocell.  Less than 25.00 and will be well worth it.

Offline BOW HUNTER

• 7 Point
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 06:33:47 PM »
 It's funny you mentioned the thermocell. My father in law just got that for my birthday this year. I just haven't tried it yet.
N. Hoffmann, Racine,WI

Offline puddle

• 2008 Sept. Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »
I have with a gun but not a bow. Tip... Use the standard open window popup blinds and use a thernacell inside. it keeps the bugs out great....
This is the way I hunt.  Open window w/therma cell inside.  May have a skeeter come thru, but he won't stay long.
Living in dreams of yesterday, we find ourselves still dreaming of impossible future conquests. -  Charles Lindbergh

Offline arhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »
This is the way I hunt.  Open window w/therma cell inside.  May have a skeeter come thru, but he won't stay long.

Unless you enjoy headaches  ;D
31 Years Hunting

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 04:10:15 PM »
IF YOU SHOOT A FIXED BROADHEAD YOU WILL BE FINE, BUT I SHOT A OPEN ON IMPACT AND IT MAKES THEM OPEN
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline buschwacked

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »
I've shot NAP spitfire expandables thru the netting with no problems.  Took a turkey at 25yds this spring and the arrow flew like a dart.  Did a bunch of practice shots thru the netting also at a target with no problems.  Maybe i just got lucky. 

Offline wibowhntr

• Button Buck
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 07:39:42 PM »
I have a double bull blind and I cover the windows with netting.  I shoot a fixed broadhead and haven't had any problems shooting threm the netting.

Offline farmerdunn

• Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 11:36:44 AM »
I won a therma-cell in a contest. It came with a belt pouch to carry it. It works!

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 01:27:58 AM »
Thermo-cells all the way have spent many bug free hours in my pop-up blind , it works as they say .
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline vabowhunter

• Fawn
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 07:03:09 AM »
I have a double bull blind. I shoot Rage BHs and you cant shoot out the net with them. But I have some hunting friend that cut slits in the net so they can. I use mine for turkey hunting and not much deer hunting. But like alot of them said get a thermacell they are nice.
Switchback XT
Double Bull blinds
Easton AXIS
Rip Cord
Realtree

New Page 3

Google Ad