New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 492" WHITETAIL  (Read 2171 times)

Offline rhawkins

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
Re: 492" WHITETAIL
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »
Where is WV? We had a good deal of posting on this last year. 

The Deer is dead because of an infection - Sudden Impact.  That is not raising healthy whitetails for the betterment of the herd or for real whitetail hunters. Those are "zoo freaks". This has nothing to do about raising deer except for money. This type of farm is about selling to ranches/farms that want to have high dollar, high fence zoo hunts for people that want to shoot huge deer but never put the time in the woods to achieve their goal.  I understand the argument about selling to farms for whitetail research. I can buy that, but not what they are doing to those racks.  The trend appears to be to breed for nontropical racks.  The more grotesque the better.

That big deer rack was really sad to see. The buck can hardly hold its head up under the weight of that man-enhanced freak show on top of its head. Take that deer out of the breeding process and cut that rack off.  

I would love to see a "NATURAL Grown" deer half that size even if I didn't have that gun in hand.   Dang!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:58:04 PM by rhawkins »
Randy Hawkins
USAF, MSgt (ret)
Lifetime NRA Member
NWTF Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman

Deer Hunting and Land/Wildlife Management Rocks

Offline sharpshooter

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 01:37:37 AM »
Where is WV? We had a good deal of posting on this last year. 

The Deer is dead because of an infection - Sudden Impact.  That is not raising healthy whitetails for the betterment of the herd or for real whitetail hunters. Those are "zoo freaks". This has nothing to do about raising deer except for money. This type of farm is about selling to ranches/farms that want to have high dollar, high fence zoo hunts for people that want to shoot huge deer but never put the time in the woods to achieve their goal.  I understand the argument about selling to farms for whitetail research. I can buy that, but not what they are doing to those racks.  The trend appears to be to breed for nontropical racks.  The more grotesque the better.

That big deer rack was really sad to see. The buck can hardly hold its head up under the weight of that man-enhanced freak show on top of its head. Take that deer out of the breeding process and cut that rack off.  

I would love to see a "NATURAL Grown" deer half that size even if I didn't have that gun in hand.   Dang!

Here here!!Agree totally!!

Offline WNCDEERHUNTER

• Dec/10 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 04:52:09 AM »
It's interesting to see these bucks, but I agree not the same a free range buck. Not nearly as impressive being raised by man!
U.S. Army - Veteran

N.C. Lifetime Sportsman

New Page 3

Google Ad