New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Moultrie trailcam security box  (Read 681 times)

Offline Whitetail54

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • All it Takes is a Tree Stand and a Dream !!
    • Raleigh, NC  Area Homes
Moultrie trailcam security box
« on: September 21, 2008, 07:42:27 PM »
I purchased one of these and after securing my camera inside, placed it where I had just gotten 121 events in a weeks period.  Went back today after 3 days just to check and didn't have one.  Camera was on auto and appears to be OK.   Anyone else have a similar experience?  Not sure what difference the metal casing makes as its leaves the camera wide open in the front.  Just seems weird.
Hunting for more than 40 years now
Member of Team TURF ONE

If you are 50 or over and have not yet had a colonoscopy...DO IT!!!  It saved my life!!

Offline mossy oak

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
Re: Moultrie trailcam security box
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:22:19 AM »
Your camera was stolen?

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 05:34:21 AM »
Make sure that the box does not cover the detector , It could be that the new box has the smell of oil and new paint on it , if so it will take about a week for the critters to get use to it again . ;D ;D  Or the deer may be changing their areas . 0-0-0- If that box is from Moultrie check the tread on it . Here's the bracket that I use  http://deercame.dot5hosting.com/store/page2.html
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:38:17 AM by sundowner »
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 08:18:31 AM »
After seeing that video about how easy it is to get into one of them I don't think it would be worth the money.

Offline Whitetail54

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 11:06:57 AM »
Your camera was stolen?

No..sorry for confusion...had no pictures.  Did check the camera this morning and there were several doe shots on it. 
Member of Team TURF ONE

If you are 50 or over and have not yet had a colonoscopy...DO IT!!!  It saved my life!!

Offline Whitetail54

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:09:32 AM »
Make sure that the box does not cover the detector , It could be that the new box has the smell of oil and new paint on it , if so it will take about a week for the critters to get use to it again . ;D ;D  Or the deer may be changing their areas . 0-0-0- If that box is from Moultrie check the tread on it . Here's the bracket that I use  http://deercame.dot5hosting.com/store/page2.html

I hadn't thought about cleaning the box first.  My only thought is that its painted a glossy black and may reflect sun.  I retrieved it this morning and had several doe pictures on it.  I was going to purchase some olive drab paint and redo it.
Member of Team TURF ONE

New Page 3

Google Ad