New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Cabela's Catalog  (Read 946 times)

Offline backdraft

• Spike
Cabela's Catalog
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:03:45 AM »
I don't know where most of u buy your hunting gear, but I like Cabela's a lot. They stand behind everything they sell, no questions asked on returns or refunds ever! I have however found a flaw in the catalog! I don't think the world's foremost outfitter is very green! as in save the environment. I have received via mail at least 6 catalogs this year already! They don't use recycled paper for any of there catalogs! How many trees have perished just due to Cabela's? I'm not a tree-hugger really! I just think they put out way too many catalogs that all really have the same stuff in each one. What do you think?

Offline western KY hunter

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
Re: Cabela's Catalog
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:12:19 AM »
it seem i get one every other week too
MIKE'S MAGIC  PRO STAFF
OWNER and HEAD GUIDE FOR RIVER OAK OUTFITTER'S
HUNTED FOR 33 YEARS
FOUNDER OF WKHTM

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 09:14:23 AM »
I AGREE, I USE CABELA'S ALL THE TIME AND THEY ARE GREAT, BUT THEY NEED TO CUT DOWN ON A FEW CATALOGS. WHICH WOULD HELP LOWER COST
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline Whitetail54

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • All it Takes is a Tree Stand and a Dream !!
    • Raleigh, NC  Area Homes
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »
I get an occassional catalogue from Cabela's.  Mostly I get e-mails from them that allow me to look at catalogues online.  Have you guys given them your e-mail address?  Perhaps thats the secret.
Hunting for more than 40 years now
Member of Team TURF ONE

If you are 50 or over and have not yet had a colonoscopy...DO IT!!!  It saved my life!!

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 09:55:01 PM »
I am kinda tired of the "Green" movement referring to paper and trees. Paper is not an environmental problems because it is biodegradable and is a renewable resource. They're not cutting down the rain forest to make paper. They're not cutting down virgin oaks in Oregon to make paper. That come from the 80 billion pine trees planted each year in AL, GA, MS,LA and many other states. I have seen them cut my father in laws land for pulp after only 15 years.

No offence.... because I am into energy saving and alternative fuels and the other Green ideas, but the paper thing doesnt fit.
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline flbuckhunter

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »
Talk about a lot of  catalogues, I get them from Cabels, Bass Pro shops, and whole lot of others. Used to get a couple a year and yes I have noticed over the last couple of years they are all sending more and more.
Hunting, I am not obsessed I am possessed.
South Florida Field Representative National Rifle Association
Endowment Life Member NRA
Lifetime Florida Sportsman's License Holder
Co-Chairman Sarabay Chapter Friends of the NRA
QDMA Member

Offline cc

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 10:40:46 PM »
i agree with hm 100%. like the bumper sticker says if your are against logging try wiping your rearend with plastic. that dont even sound comfurtable.

Offline bigjim

• Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Eat, sleep, Hunt, fish, need I say more!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »
I agree HM if they want a green movement eat a box of green crayola crayons and see what kind of movement they have a couple of hours later.    ><((  --7-8-9  --099-780
God bless and happy hunting

Offline cc

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 10:49:57 PM »
good one bigjim. --9-908 --099-780

Online Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »
I am kinda tired of the "Green" movement referring to paper and trees. Paper is not an environmental problems because it is biodegradable and is a renewable resource. They're not cutting down the rain forest to make paper. They're not cutting down virgin oaks in Oregon to make paper. That come from the 80 billion pine trees planted each year in AL, GA, MS,LA and many other states. I have seen them cut my father in laws land for pulp after only 15 years.

No offence.... because I am into energy saving and alternative fuels and the other Green ideas, but the paper thing doesnt fit.

HM,
NC is another one of those Pine tree pulp states for paper, cardboard, and plywood.  Our hunting lease is one.  I am currently getting a catalog a week and got two Friday from Cabela's.  Also get the e-mails!!!  They have gotten about $600 so far in the last month from me!!!  You usually get your order within a week or less.   --9-8-7

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 03:08:35 PM »
Ya I get them all the time , of course I live about 6 miles from one of their stores so I get their fliers in the mail too . Bass pro is right behind them .  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:15:15 PM by sundowner »
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline chiefbigbear

• Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 08:51:43 PM »
I agree ><(( %^$^
I HAVE A SMALL RANCH IN EDWARDS COUNTY CLOSE TO ROCKSPRINGS,TEXAS.
I AM INTERESTED IN DISCUSING HUNTING ISSUES WITH OTHER HUNTERS IN THAT GENERAL AREA.

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 07:04:56 AM »
What about sportsman's guide,I get one of them at least once a week.

Offline rugerred

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Take a kid hunting and you take one off the street
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 10:23:17 AM »
I am a printer and in WI every publisher has to use a certain percentage of recycled fiber in every job.  Printers hate it.  The recycled stuff does not run or look as good as virgin.  If cabelas is using only virgin pulp they are paying a pretty penny for it.   Soon the feds will be determining the recycled content.  Dont worry we sell over 60% of virgin fiber paper overseas.  So us recycling means absolutly nothing.  They make the same amount of virgin stock and ship it.
Hoyt Katera
Hoyt Power Tech
Ruger Red Label
Big Black Labs

New Page 3

Google Ad