New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Field Judging Whitetails on the fly  (Read 1991 times)

Offline NJ Bowhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
Re: Field Judging Whitetails on the fly
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »
I feel a lot of times it is the mind set that you have on deer hunting.  Mark or Terry Drury said it one time.  We all go thru phases.  It starts with our first deer, moves to brown and down. Then we get into bigger and better - QDMA phase and then If I have something at home hanging on the wall that is bigger than the deer I am looking at I let it walk and enjoy the moment of seeing it.  It's all about choices and how much pressure from your peers give you on harvesting a buck. Strangely enough it also has something to to with testerone and how much of a real man you are.
If you must be somewhere.  Be Out There in the woods.

Hunting more years than I care to count or admit too.

NJ Hunter Ed Instructor
NRA Life
NAHC Life
10 yr Cancer Survivor
Proud Father of 2006 Miss New Jersey

Offline chiefbigbear

• Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 11:28:37 AM »
I hear you Hunt Master.
I HAVE A SMALL RANCH IN EDWARDS COUNTY CLOSE TO ROCKSPRINGS,TEXAS.
I AM INTERESTED IN DISCUSING HUNTING ISSUES WITH OTHER HUNTERS IN THAT GENERAL AREA.

Offline flbuckhunter

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 11:32:47 AM »
HG said it well. I think most of us know when hunting on properties that we have hunted for a while what a shooter is and isn't. I know when a buck steps out almost instantly if I am going to take him or not. My rule is If I have to think about it let him go.
Hunting, I am not obsessed I am possessed.
South Florida Field Representative National Rifle Association
Endowment Life Member NRA
Lifetime Florida Sportsman's License Holder
Co-Chairman Sarabay Chapter Friends of the NRA
QDMA Member

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 11:41:42 AM »
I am with you all on this one,It's like the wife to be YOU JUST KNOW and if you think to long anyway it won't matter.

New Page 3

Google Ad