New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: When outfitters go bad!!!!!  (Read 1041 times)

fellis27

When outfitters go bad!!!!!
« on: April 28, 2010, 03:04:36 PM »
I dont think at this time that I will trash the name of the outfitter unless the mods approve, but I will say this if you are ever going ot Kansas or Nebraska for a deer or turkey hunt you may want to message me to make sure you didnt get the outfitter I used!!!!!!
We were promised a 100 acre farm in Kansas that had not been hunted this season and boy was it different when we showed up.  As we were walking in I noticed a truck pulling in with 3 guys being prepared to be dropped off.  I talked with them and found out that they have been hunting there all week.  The farm wasnt near 1000 acres and after meeting the landowner he told us 9 birds had been taken there in the last 2 weeks with the farm being hunted almost daily by multiple hunters.  The outfitter was suppose to show up that morning and show us a few other farms we could hunt instead took his buddies and son to the other farm and killed 3 birds.  Then just left for Nebraska with them to hunt the other untouched property.  Well he called us and said there were no birds so not to waste the time driving up even though we already paid.  Come to find out his buddies killed 6 birds up there and he doesnt feel he should have to give us any money back even though he wouldnt even tell us where the property was.   >:(  Needless to say we had a very serious discussion when he finally called me back almost 3 days later.  This guy was straight up a con artist.  Sure hope I run into him later on when I head to Nebraska.    %^$^

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: When outfitters go bad!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 03:51:34 PM »
Now that sucks!! You are a better better than me I believe I would drive to NEB. and bust his head!!! That is just straight up robbery. I will PM you if I ever think of going out there. >:(
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline PK300

• 12 Point
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »
That is absolutely ridiculous!!  I would be very upset.  Maybe not the site to bash, but someone like that doesn't deserve any TH business.
A.K.A.  Muskymadness
4 yrs. of watching, learning, and tracking
26 years of deer hunting experience

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:11:57 PM »
thats terrible fellis...have u got in touch with the attorne generals office and the better business bureau...that helps and may help  other people especially the attorney general...he dosent like scam artists >:(
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline ddejong

• Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 05:09:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that....most of us in Kansas are actually decent folks!  I know they charge an arm and a leg around here for hunts (heck I would only have charged you the arm!) and to have that type of an experience is unacceptable.

Offline western KY hunter

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 05:30:12 PM »
hate to hear that frank.
MIKE'S MAGIC  PRO STAFF
OWNER and HEAD GUIDE FOR RIVER OAK OUTFITTER'S
HUNTED FOR 33 YEARS
FOUNDER OF WKHTM

Offline DLR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • God is my solid rock in which I lean on.
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »
Sorry to  hear about that Fellis. Trashing his name would only put you on his level.
Attended 2010 WKH Hog Hunt
Team Turbo Nock
YHEC Volunteer
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Maryland Safety Instructor
Attended Eastern Anniversary Party
Attended 2010 Campout
 Graduate of Ultimate Medical Academy 2012

Offline RADAR

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »
Sorry bout the bad luck next year I will guide you.
If Hunting is a sport does this make me an athlete?

2009-10 Deer Hunting Championship Winning Team Member
2010 Turkey Championship Winner

Offline gamecock

• 4 Point
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »
That's just flat WRONG!  Did you write him a check, or did you charge it?  If you charged it you can always cancel the charge with your card company, but most people like that don't take plastic anyways.  I'd definitely contact somebody like the BBB or attorney general's office if I was you!

Offline CTARCHER

• Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 09:09:28 PM »
Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with that so called outfitter. There has to be some way of listing these bums so others don't fall into the same trap! %^$^
Over 40 yrs chasin critters
U.S.Army 69-72
Life Member NRA
Board Member: Southington Sportsmans Assoc.
NRA Certified Pistol Safety Instructor
Life Member BASS
Also a RAVENS fan. (had to be different)

Offline ke7cjw

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Are you part of the New Breed Nation?
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 06:12:32 AM »
That is to bad Frank. Guys like that need to be put out of buisness. How many others has this joker ripped off? Report this to the attorney general. I would also report him to the state guide association. This makes them all look bad and I know the state guide association here in Idaho would be all over putting this joker out of business here. They do not put up with this kind of crap.
ke7cjw
Life member of the NRA
Life member of the North American Fishing club

Offline ddejong

• Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »
I got to thinking that in Kansas all outfitters have to register with the state through the Parks and Wildlife Dept.  I am sure there is a way to let them know when an outfitter acts this way.  I will ask the state wildlife guy I am working with on my farm about that and let you know what I learn.

Doug

Offline bcotton

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 08:21:10 PM »
Sorry about that, I know that will make the blood pressure boil. 
BC

fellis27

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »
Hey thanks for the support guys.  And yes I will be making some calls to pass information on about this guy.  Doug let me know because I would hate for this to happen to someone else

New Page 3

Google Ad