New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: TV shows promoting Acorn Rage, Buck Bomb, C'mere Deer, Deer Cane...etc?  (Read 833 times)

Offline tenpnt

• 4 Point
OK... we have all these shows on TV and aparantly you can take a bag of Acorn rage or a buck bomb out into the woods...set it down or set it off....then at some point that evening a moster buck is going to come out of the bushes and walk right into the open...put his face right into the product and allow you to shoot him. 
Just like on Wild Game Nation this morning on the Outdoor Channel.

I have messed around with deer cane, licks, buck grub, etc.  Never happened... 

Let's hear the from the rest of you!!! ???

Online Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: TV shows promoting Acorn Rage, Buck Bomb, C'mere Deer, Deer Cane...etc?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
So far the only deer I am getting in is with food plots!!!   Guess the other stuff will work once I get them over to the dinner table???  :2)

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:06:52 AM »
I HAVE GOOD LUCK WITH  BUCK BOMBS SCENT CANS AND MINERALS I LIKE THE WTI ONES, THEY DO WORK. I GET 300 TO 500 PICS A WEEK ON MY TRAIL CAMERA OVER A 4 PLAY BLOCK WITH 30-06 MIN ON IT. NO I DO ALSO HAVE SOME GOOD FOOD PLOTS IN  THE AREA. %^$^
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 06:51:44 AM »
It just takes time for the deer to get used to what you put out and where you put it . If you put it on a trail that they use your chances of getting pictures is much better . The minerals for the most part take about 6 months for them to find them , but once they do they will be back again again .My licks have been out for 1 1/2 years and I get about 10 pics a day from them . Something like BuckJam will bring them in I use apple scent . ;D ;D ;D ;D  I had A film camera out for two weeks and had 2 pics on it after I put just a little BuckJam out and the camera filledup fast with these . --7-8-9 %^$^
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Online Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 06:59:29 PM »
It just takes time for the deer to get used to what you put out and where you put it . If you put it on a trail that they use your chances of getting pictures is much better . The minerals for the most part take about 6 months for them to find them , but once they do they will be back again again .My licks have been out for 1 1/2 years and I get about 10 pics a day from them . Something like BuckJam will bring them in I use apple scent . ;D ;D ;D ;D  I had A film camera out for two weeks and had 2 pics on it after I put just a little BuckJam out and the camera filledup fast with these . --7-8-9 %^$^

Got some Buck Jam today to try.  Sweet corn and acorn.  Been putting apples out and everything but the deer have been eating them and there are a couple of wild apples trees there, they are small.   ???  :2)

PJ
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:32:23 PM by Puddle Jumper »
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline ScentGuy

• 6 Point
  • Do you smell that?
    • Scents-U-Know Game Atracting Products
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:31:27 PM »
I had a customer just send me some pics from a lick he made using our product. He didn't follow the instructions on the bottle but still has some really nice bucks hitting it. I haven't reduced the sizes yet to fit here but I did post one on the front page of our website. We have had great feedback from people who use it. If you are trying to Attractor deer to shoot I would use an Attractor, IF you are trying to supplement their diet and grow larger deer then licks are a good way to do it. If a deer comes into an area looking for acorns and find none they may, over time, start to ignore the area. We have not pushed our lick as an attractor but I am rethinking the idea now that it seems everybody that makes a similar product claims it to be an "Attractor" or "Deer Magnet".
Hunt, Fish, Plant and Conserve. We are all Stewarts
Owner- Scents-U-Know Game Attracting Products
Nature Conservancy member
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad