New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Poll

how long do you wait for a tom to come in from 150 yards out or so

15 minutes
4 (21.1%)
30 minutes
5 (26.3%)
45 minutes
3 (15.8%)
1 hour
3 (15.8%)
>1 hour
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: March 24, 2010, 07:48:51 PM

Author Topic: waiting time after tom responds to your calling  (Read 1290 times)

Offline kjb-4320

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
Re: waiting time after tom responds to your calling
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 08:05:01 AM »
I am kind of a patient hunter, I will give that tom a good hour to show his beak, It's all based on location,setup,patience, and good camo
NAHC Life Member
NAFC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline BMCS

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
Re: waiting time after tom responds to your calling
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 10:27:58 PM »
If the Turkey is answering my calls (key point answering my calls) I will wait, even if he is henned up he will come to you when he gets done with them.  I have killed a few birds doing this not the preferred method but patience is key in turkey hunting.  I have also left the area went back to the truck, ate a sandwich, drank a soda, had a 30 minute catnap and came back, sat by the exact same tree and called the bird right up into my lap only to feed him a load of 6 shot.  You couldnt tell me anything that day. 
BMCM(SW/AW) Retired

New Page 3

Google Ad