New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Is Dad teasn me?  (Read 2175 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: Is Dad teasn me?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 11:49:59 AM »
Yep!!!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline gamecock

• 4 Point
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 09:36:30 PM »
Your dad is right on.  One reason why I never killed a bird growing up is that I could NEVER sit still.  It drove him nuts, and spooked many a tom.  It was physically impossible for me.  If you get the itch to wiggle or move, my advice is to close your eyes and take 10 deep breaths.  Slowly open your eyes up and hope ole Longbeard is standing 20 yards in front of you.  It's definitely easier said than done.

Offline huntin_gal1980

• 09-10 Deer Hunting Championship Winning Team Member & 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
    • myspace page
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »
dad hit this one dead on the nose.  sitting still for long periods is my problem.  due to a lower back problem i tend to need to shift my weight about every 30 minutes and its hard to do that without being seen.  I bought a small blind this year and am hoping that will help a lil bit.. its light weight too in case u need to get up and run and gun as they say.  GOOD LUCK this season. nn -0078 @--0--0109
NRA member
North American Hunting Club Member<br

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 10:53:03 AM »

yeap and good luck! @--0--0101
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline kjb-4320

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »
 ##$%#15 but he speaks the Truth, Just remember look with your eyes first then move your head they have great eye sight
NAHC Life Member
NAFC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Deerchick

• 4 Point
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 09:25:22 PM »
Your dad is right on.  One reason why I never killed a bird growing up is that I could NEVER sit still.  It drove him nuts, and spooked many a tom.  It was physically impossible for me.  If you get the itch to wiggle or move, my advice is to close your eyes and take 10 deep breaths.  Slowly open your eyes up and hope ole Longbeard is standing 20 yards in front of you.  It's definitely easier said than done.
uh-oh this isn;t good, im not that good at sitting still! Drives Dad nuts when we go deer huntin and I fidget and the treestand squeaks!  --099-780
Chief Dog Catcher Tanner Ridge Hunt Club
Hunt Master's Lovely Assistant at the Eastern Picnic!!!

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
It matches what little I know about Turkey hunting, Turkeys have excellant eyesight and you have to be in position early and sit still
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 10:59:11 PM »
dad hit this one dead on the nose.  sitting still for long periods is my problem.  due to a lower back problem i tend to need to shift my weight about every 30 minutes and its hard to do that without being seen.  I bought a small blind this year and am hoping that will help a lil bit.. its light weight too in case u need to get up and run and gun as they say.  GOOD LUCK this season. nn -0078 @--0--0109

Hey huntin gal I have the same problem.  Back problems make it difficult for me to sit on the ground.  I have to share with you the best investment I have ever made for hunting.  It's called the Turkey Lounger from Cabela's.  Go to the Cabela's site and do a search for Turkey Lounger and BUY ONE.  I bought two so whoever is hunting with me can sit it out with me.  I've given all my friends and family members who hunt one for xmas gifts etc.  They're only $20 or so and very much worth it.  They only thing bad about them is it's hard to stay awake sitting in one....very comfortable.  I use mine for all types of hunting anytime I'm not in a tree stand.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline kawappa

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 10:28:39 AM »
Truer words have never been spoken.
I'd rather be hunting
48 years of hunting experience

Offline kawappa

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 10:33:06 AM »
There is one advantage of turkey huntin compared to deer huntin....................turkey can't smell so you don't have to worry your odor, but you dad might (and vice versa).  --099-780 --099-780 --099-780.
I'd rather be hunting
48 years of hunting experience

New Page 3

Google Ad