New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: What makes TalkHunting so great?  (Read 12438 times)

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • taken around time HG and I were married
Re: What makes TalkHunting so great?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 06:25:22 PM »
The open will spirit of all of it's members to share there knowledge, Hunt's, and there home with all of Talkhinting..
I went back and looked at my first Post you know I don't think I never introduced myself...

http://www.talkhuntin.com/index.php?topic=47.msg600#msg600
--099-780 Too late now, we all know you, but welcome to TH in any case @--0--0120
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
I am new here but it is a very friendly place and some good folks. Other forums I tend to see battle lines drawn when folks style of hunting do not match the other guy's preceptions. I think I will stay around a while and whittle with you all  ##$%#115
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline tikkaman

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Hunt in Iron Range MN & Dunn County WI
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 10:04:49 PM »
     I was looking for food plot info through WTI and i clicked on TH.  Lots of great friendly people who know what they are talking about.  I am a member in one other site and it doesn't even come close to TH quality.            @--0--0133 TH ##$%#11 ##$%#11 ##$%#11 ##$%#11 ##$%#11 ##$%#11 ##$%#11
Hunt with your kids not for your kids
Mathews switchback
Tikka T3 lite S/S  30-06

Offline Chief

• Spike
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 02:50:32 PM »
It's like sitting down and talking to an old friend over a cup of coffee. No hurry , no worries... all talk the same language.

Offline gunner

• 6 Point
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 08:39:11 AM »
The people defiantly!!!! Great support and info!!!! Thanks TH and all it's members!!!!
GET-R-DONE

NAHC LIFE MEMBER
NRA MEMBER
BUCKMASTERS MEMBER

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 08:55:44 AM »

The friendly family atmosphere here,,,

all the great knowledge we all share
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline Hunly

• 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 02:00:56 PM »
Great family and friends and great conversation and information. About all a man desires.  ##$%#115 ##$%#115 ##$%#115

Offline johnthebowhunter

• 4 Point
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 08:56:54 PM »
Thats easy, the people.  Everyone is welling to help and quick to give advise and praise.  A good group of people with something in common, can't wait till next year for the get togather, I hope to be in a better situation so I can attend.
I hunt but am not a hunter, not until it goes down.

Offline cuzsis

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:07 PM »
 I saw Imperial Clover in "The Deer Hunters Bible", which I then googled. From there I found the forum and the rest is history! :) 

The first thing I notice was the lack of pretentiousness, ego and drama. Other places I've been at start becoming a contest on who shoots what, how good they are, why your way isn't as good as theirs, ect... Not so here. A welcome change!

Also, folks here are very positive. Even if someone gives advice that might not work well for a poster, people don't come along and call that person an idiot for suggesting it. They just say something like "You might find this will work well for you situation..." or "That can work, but I have found that x is...."

Posters are always willing to work with a newbie in a positive way. They don't make a new hunter feel like a moron for not knowing something.

The overall atmosphere is pleasant and positive.  ##$%#115
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:37:34 PM by cuzsis »

Offline fife231

• Fawn
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
I came here via Twitter. Read quite a few of the posts and noticed it was like a big family. It's clean with no bashing, the posts stay on the ##$%#115 subject and through the few posts I read very informative through real people.Of course the joking among members also. --099-780, ##$%#115
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 05:51:59 PM by zos41 »
NAHC Life Member

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2011, 05:51:25 PM »
It is the great members we have, all one big family
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline Lady PJ

• 4 Point
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2011, 12:39:34 PM »
My husband PJ was staying on here all the time for the last few years and driving long distant to meet people for a few days each year.  I thought it was just hunting, then he talked me into attending Summer Blast 2011 and I met some of the members, now I am a member also.

Lady PJ

Offline heflinsi

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • 2015 Buck
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »
I love the fact that you can throw a question out there and someone will have an answer.....and sometimes its even right....LOL!  No one takes themselves to seriously.   I would gladly take anyone of them hunting or go with any of them....in fact I've been hinting at a hog hunt invite..... @--0--0125  .  I read about TH on the WTI website too
Gysgt USMC Retired

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 08:25:19 PM »
I was on several other sites and on one all they did was badmouth everyone that didn't agree with them. I got tired of it and not sure how I found this site but everyone is helpful and friendly and there isn't the drama there is on other sites. Everyone is supportive here and I really enjoy spending time here. I don't have a lot of friends that hunt so the people here I consider friends, just friends that haven't met yet. It's a great site thanks to all of you!!!
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 05:56:30 AM »
I cannot remember how I came across TH. I'm just so thankful I did. The TH family is so generous and warm. Family is so important that the art of hunting is shared and enjoyed by all. I know I get a little carried away with my backwoods sermons, and yet the TH family forgives, embraces and allows expression of personal beliefs and convictions. Sharing of experiences in a positive fashion is the best way to propagate our beloved sport. TH is by far the best way to communicate your passion and spread the love of all outdoor endeavors.

Thanks does not seem adequate payment for the moderators and administrators but it will have to be enough. The only pay is the positive feedback they receive and so richly deserve. So once again THANK YOU for your commitment to keep this forum so vibrant and fulfilling.

Our mods and admins rock, Thank You one and all.
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

New Page 3

Google Ad