New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: What makes TalkHunting so great?  (Read 12584 times)

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
Re: What makes TalkHunting so great?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »
the friendliness, the openness, sharing of vast knowledge but mainly the friendliness and willingness to help with any problem you have with your hunting equipment or a question you have about something, thats what drew me to the site and opefully will continue to keep us together here @--0--0118
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline BBAcres

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Jeremiah 16:16
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 03:21:45 PM »
I was introduced to TH though a WTI magazine ad. This has been one of the greatest things that has happened to me computer-wise.

This is a professional, non-vulgar or off-color banter forum with so much wisdom to tap into.

I have a circle of sportsman friends and always ask them if they have checked out TH yet.

One buddy asks me regularly what the TH guys are saying.

I always have something to report!!!

and oh by the way................thanks to whoever for the new EMOTIONcons!!!!!!!!!!!!! --9-908

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 09:24:30 AM »
Split toe talked me into joining.  But what kept me here is everyone’s positive and helpful attitude.  There is no bashing negativism.  Everyone wants to help one and another and have a good time.
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 09:11:45 PM »
I was introduced to this site by the WTI magzine and join in September 2008. I was pleasant pleased at the quality of people on this site. No bashing fellowmember and just a wealth of hunting knowledge from all across America. It's is an absolute pleasure to be a part of such an outstanding group of folks that make you feel a true part of a great family. The moderators are great and always willing to help. There are some many members that I truly would love to meet and if at all possible I want to make the southern anniversary part in Mississippi this year. This vision of this site will continue to allow us to grow, we have some outstanding sponsor and HM and the pro staff are working hard around the clock to continue to enhance this site.Some of the post on hear have made me laugh out loud until I've had tears in my eye.
Someday hope to meet WV,HM,PJ,Gutshot,WKyhunter,bcotton, Bubba Brown,Cowmanhunter,Snortweeze,Radar,BOGO,Bugfixer, and the list goes on an on. Attiture is everthing and I love so much positive and caring comments from our family. This site has grown leeps and bound and I see great things for TH in the future and I'm proud to be a part of such and outstanding group of such awesome folks. I truly want to stay involved and help make this the best hunting site possible. If I can help in anyway I'm ready for the challenge. What an amazing site and I'm so thankful I found it......God bless to all in your presute for that trophy. If i can only figure out how to post picture it would make my day.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:14:45 AM by Split toe »
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Copperhead

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • ...wasting my day at work when I could be huntin'.
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 07:32:03 AM »
It's the supportive and positive attitudes of all the members.  You start off being welcomed and encouraged to post away.  This is the first and only site like this I've ever been on and I can't see any reason to discontinue  the funn I'm having on here.  Thank you all!
NRA Member
NAHC Member
Whitetail Fanatic
Crimson Tide Fan \\\\\\\"Roll Tide Roll!\\\\\\\"
Team Southern Boys

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 8Pt Bow Kill
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 08:14:02 AM »
Great people with similar interests as me and the wealth of knowledge and experience they share!  Plus another way of easing the pain of waiting for the next chance to go hunting!
2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

Offline WNCDEERHUNTER

• Dec/10 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 11:30:28 AM »
I was actually searching for various hunting items and one of those searches I found a link here. It's been a great place to get information, not only by sponsors but from people who have actually tried and used the different techniques or items! Nothing beats having other Experienced hunters to get advice from! Thanks to all for the opportunity!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:59:00 PM by WNCDEERHUNTER »
U.S. Army - Veteran

N.C. Lifetime Sportsman

Offline ameshell

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • 12.86lb Baby!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 01:10:22 PM »
 ##$%#1119 The family, the bonding, the information, the prizes, the friendships, the opportunities, the prizes, the sponsors, the support oh and did i mention the prizes? The great Admin staff that we have and the articles that they write. And the list goes on and on... Thank you TH!
Team "Big 10"
Team 3 Rack Addicts
Texas Peace Officer
Served in the US Navy

Offline capttrae

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Mag Staff Writer
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 02:34:21 PM »
WKYHunter told me about the site last summer, signed up, was amazed at how there was no foul language, bashing or nothing else. It's great, I'm on here nearly everyday atleast for a little while. To all the mods, thanks for a great site to talk about hunting on ##$%#115

Offline BubbaBrown

• Life is good at The Deer Camp!
    • The Deer Camp
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 02:44:17 PM »
Talk Hunting is great, because of us. We all found our way here, because we were looking for what the site turned out to be. The rules were right to get the site started, many of us that got here early have made the site a nice, civilized home away from home. Almost like a fraternity, like personalities, like morals, like sense of humors and just down right good people. We all love to hunt and we value friendships.
Semi-Retired & Over the Hill

2009 TalkHunting Sportsman of the Year
www.thedeercamp.com
2009 TALK HUNTING WILD GAME COOK-OFF CHAMPION
Cpl. USMC 1970-1972, MOS 6064, Parachute Rigger

Offline JKLB

• 4 Point
  • Have you thanked God today?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 07:51:15 AM »
My long time friend Capt Trae was talking about this talk huntin place, so I typed it up and decided to join.  I seen quick that everyone is very helpful and really friendly.  This is a great place to learn, share your experience or just past the time reading memories.  I really like the fact that this is a site that I can let my son read post and not have to worry what is being said.  And of course it helps these long nights go by a little faster.  Thanks to the ones who keep this site fun and clean!!!

NRA Life Member
26 years hunting experience
Roll Tide

Offline jovado105

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:50 AM »
I had tried to do somthing like this on facebook with my buddies (much smaller scale obviously) where we could talk about what everyone was seeing in the woods and compare notes (when, where, conditions).  I had no idea that this place existed.  Here I talk about deer hunting with people from around the country who are all at different phases of the season.  Its not just limited to deer hunting either, all the categories for other animals to hunt to fishing and cooking.  I enjoy the trophy photos and stories and also the amateur photography.  Its also great to have devotions on here.  This place has so much to engage in.  I really appreciate all this site has to offer, its just a great way to connect with other people who think and live like me.

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 08:20:08 AM »
Got the email from Ray Scott of WTI back in July 2008 and have been here every since!!!     @--0--0118  @--0--0118  @--0--0118  @--0--0133

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline Possum

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
The open will spirit of all of it's members to share there knowledge, Hunt's, and there home with all of Talkhinting..
I went back and looked at my first Post you know I don't think I never introduced myself...

http://www.talkhuntin.com/index.php?topic=47.msg600#msg600
Freelance Outdoor Writer

Offline Copperhead

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • ...wasting my day at work when I could be huntin'.
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »
The open will spirit of all of it's members to share there knowledge, Hunt's, and there home with all of Talkhinting..
I went back and looked at my first Post you know I don't think I never introduced myself...

http://www.talkhuntin.com/index.php?topic=47.msg600#msg600
Hi Possum, welcome to TalkHunting. @--0--0105
NRA Member
NAHC Member
Whitetail Fanatic
Crimson Tide Fan \\\\\\\"Roll Tide Roll!\\\\\\\"
Team Southern Boys

New Page 3

Google Ad