New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Tally for this year.  (Read 435 times)

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
Tally for this year.
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »
Now that deer season is officially over here in Texas, I was wondering how everyone in the Southwest region did.  I was fortunate to take one buck and one doe.  Had a great time, saw LOTS of little bucks, the doe numbers seemed to be down compared to recent years, but all in all, a good year!!   I was just curious what the total will be for the region, and I'm too lazy to go through all the posts to find out!!   How'd YOU do??
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

Offline mac0823

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • My little piece of heaven
Re: Tally for this year.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »
Best year ever for me - 8 pointer, 2 does and a button buck.  And I honestly believe that many of the tips I got from this website helped me with this harvest.  Thanks to all.

Offline crowbait

• Spike
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:43:31 PM »
I took a cull buck (long-horned spike) in the second or third week of the rifle season.  We had lots of young bucks too.  We don't normally shoot does. We hadn't seen any overabundance of them anyway.  Folks to the east and the west shoot them, so we leave them alone.  Only good shooter I saw was just not meant to be.  It was approaching darkness, he was chasing a doe, and there were three young bucks behind him trying to get in on the action.  I was able to get a brief outline of the rack with binoculars.  Tried to pick him up in the scope, just too late and too much movement.  Wasn't worth the risk. 

Offline ddejong

• Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »
I took two bucks (a KS 11 pt and MO 8 pt) and a doe.  Hunted a lot harder this year than last year, but it was fun.

Offline Texas8point

• Button Buck
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 06:40:29 AM »
A cull 7pt and a big doe ! Lets eat ! I got 4 different kind of link sausage  @--0--0133

New Page 3

Google Ad