New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: primos blood light  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
Re: primos blood light
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 11:03:23 AM »
THATS WHAT HUNTING BUDDIES ARE FOR, TO HELP YOU TRACK DEER. I AM A GOOD TRACKER BUT WHEN I AM TRACKING ONE I SHOT I GET IN TO BIG OF A HURRY SO I LET MY BUDDIES TRACK MY DEER AND I TRACK THEIRS. LUCKILY WERE GOOD SHOTS AND DONT DO A WHOLE LOT OF TRACKING
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

fellis27

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 06:37:17 AM »
You know there is not many things that can keep me from hunting.  I have some great friends that track for me if need be.  My brother is actually training a dog to track on blood and that is going very well for him, says he will have him ready this year when I sting a big one with my bow.

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 07:23:13 AM »
Thats the spirit don't let nothing hold you back.Too many people in this world miss out every year to enjoy the great outdoors.

Offline bowhuntersrave

• Fawn
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 01:02:01 PM »
For what it is worth I have 2 Primos Blood hunter lights. This light is by far the best I have used, blood shows up great on dry leaves, pine needles, grass and bare dirt. As always one must make a good shot for a good blood trail. I have used the light to find 10 of twelve deer that were shot last season. 2 were very marginal shots were the blood trail stopped after 50 yards, But when all else fails we turn to the tracking dog.

I shot a deer last year that turned just as I let the arrow fly, my arrow angled in a frontal chest out through the last rib. There was not much for blood. What blood there was, was enough we used the light and found the deer.

If you now someone that has one of these lights. Ask to try it out, go to a butcher and get some blood from him, have someone else make a blood trail. When it is dark you will see for yourself how the blood looks.

I also hunt with a guy that is color blind, only sees in black and white. With the bloodhunter light he says the blood stands out a darker black to him.
www.bowhuntersrave.com
Preserving our bowhunting heritage

fellis27

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 03:17:59 PM »
Thanks for the input I will invest in one of these if for nothing else it will help my trackers find my deer easier.  Or maybe it will snow in Oct and stay on the ground all season or not

Offline Corley

• Spike
  • Keeping The Kids In The Woods!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 11:09:07 PM »
I guess these lights are cheaper than blood trailing dogs.
In DA Blood Kennels,
Corey Corley

New Page 3

Google Ad