New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Scope eye!!  (Read 2681 times)

Offline ManMountain

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
Re: Scope eye!!
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 04:53:05 AM »
Guilty as well. I was fortunate that it didn't draw blood but did raise a good knob above my right eye. I too was hunting muleys and trying to get the right angle on a uphill shot, I didn't pay any attention to how close I was to the scope and paid the price. I felt like a real idiot then but I have since seen the great Jim Shockey do the same thing on one of his shows during a hunt so now I don't feel so foolish. It can happen to the best of us, especially in the heat of the moment and your really concentrating on getting that perfect sight alignment when you aren't in an ideal position for making your shot. Here is hoping that those who have not experienced it (yet) never do but to those of us who have, we're not in such bad company. --099-780

Dave
I've had the huntin bug for 49 years now.

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 04:53:05 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Steve S

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
    • cobbs legion hunting club
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 07:34:21 AM »
Guilty as well. I was fortunate that it didn't draw blood but did raise a good knob above my right eye. I too was hunting muleys and trying to get the right angle on a uphill shot, I didn't pay any attention to how close I was to the scope and paid the price. I felt like a real idiot then but I have since seen the great Jim Shockey do the same thing on one of his shows during a hunt so now I don't feel so foolish. It can happen to the best of us, especially in the heat of the moment and your really concentrating on getting that perfect sight alignment when you aren't in an ideal position for making your shot. Here is hoping that those who have not experienced it (yet) never do but to those of us who have, we're not in such bad company. --099-780

Dave
Your in VERY good company, Roy Weatherby SR. wore one too!

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
More than once!!! Turkey gun got my twice in one day within 2 hours in Texas good news is 2 turkeys paid the price but I had an X between my eyes. --099-780
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
I have never had one, but boy, was I nervous the first time I pulled the trigger on my scoped 12 ga, while wearing glasses. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline redneck89

• 4 Point
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 08:51:32 PM »
ouch. thinkin about this is bringing back bad memories lol. Ive had it happen several times, the worst being when i shot a doe. i thought it had broken my nose. One of my buddies actually got a gash from my 30-06.
huntin is my therapy

Offline ddejong

• Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »
I had a nice one early this fall.  I was borrowing my buddy's muzzle loader and when sighting it in I got just a wee bit too far up on the thing.  He laughed himself silly when that tiny scratch drew blood.

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 08:56:28 PM »
I've done it a time or two. @--0--0116  was shooting in a tight area and kinda knotted up.  Hurt for a few hours lol.  didn't bleed or bruise though.
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Offline BigBoarHunter

• Button Buck
  • Searching For The Best Place To Hunt...
    • Placita Ranch Company
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 01:28:44 PM »
Any of you see the episode of Lock and Load with Gunny Ermey where he receives a good scope eye? Too Funny!!!
Charles C Hand IV
Placita Ranch Company

Field Editor-BoarHunter Magazine
Life Member NRA
Life Member TSRA
Life Member NAHC
Life Member CSF

Offline BubbaBrown

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Life is good at The Deer Camp!
    • The Deer Camp
Semi-Retired & Over the Hill