New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: mid grade rifles  (Read 697 times)

Offline pa deerslayer

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
mid grade rifles
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »
I now buy mostly used rifles,or mossberg atrs,a smith and wesson ibolt,the new atrs were 260,and the sw was 300.just cant bring myself to spend 700 and up for a tool.

TalkHunting Community

mid grade rifles
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: mid grade rifles
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:58:18 PM »
I now buy mostly used rifles,or mossberg atrs,a smith and wesson ibolt,the new atrs were 260,and the sw was 300.just cant bring myself to spend 700 and up for a tool.

I can relate to that.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:05:06 PM »
I'm with you there too. When it comes to most used firearms, you can almost bet that they haven't had more that a couple hundred rounds or so run through them. If they weren't physically abused on the exterior and were kept cleaned and lubricated the money is well spent on a used weapon.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline ManMountain

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 04:13:22 AM »
My oldest son and I were talking about this issue just recently because with the current political climate we are seeing some pretty stiff prices for some of these mid grade rifles. I have seen some sellers putting prices on the low end Weatherby Vanguards that rival the high end models. I guess they figure they can take advantage of an unknowing buyer by just touting them as a "Weatherby". Anytime you can find a firearm that is in the calibre/guage you might like, is in good shape and has a price that your agreeable with, it just makes sense to add it to your collection. High end firearms don't necessarily put meat on the table any better than some cheaper models and putting meat on my table is what I go hunting for. A few years ago I finally got the T/C Encore that I had been wanting and now I will be looking to purchase the barrels for the calibres I really want to expand my collection without having to buy different guns but every now and then you just happen upon a gun you just can't turn down. IMHO of course. @--0--0118

Dave
I've had the huntin bug for 49 years now.

Offline DLR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • God is my solid rock in which I lean on.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »
I have only bought 3 guns in my life the rest were won on raffles. I have won 5 guns on raffles, but it did cost the amount of the raffle ticket. hehe
Attended 2010 WKH Hog Hunt
Team Turbo Nock
YHEC Volunteer
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Maryland Safety Instructor
Attended Eastern Anniversary Party
Attended 2010 Campout
 Graduate of Ultimate Medical Academy 2012

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad