talkhuntin.com
Thank you for visiting the TalkHunting Community. We encourage you to register and jump right in. Since membership is free, what do you have to lose? This is a place to learn, have fun, share your experiences and express ideas. As a member, you can add your own comments and topics, participate in the promotions and really enjoy all that TalkHunting has to offer.

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to view pictures or post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. Our members can register for monthly prize drawings, enter contests and share their knowledge and stories of this great sport with others. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

Don

Author Topic: How Wrecks Happen  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Gutshot

• TH Staff - Prize Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
    • Lifting & Rigging Specialty Sales, Inc.
Re: How Wrecks Happen
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »
Being in the Body Shop Business we have done some major research on people having wrecks with the use of electronic devices while driving. We have narrowed down two things. They are taught at a young age and the problems happen when the hand comes off the wheel. Grandson Lane is helping with the illustrations.
Paw Paw I can't believe you would let Lane talk on the phone like that with out his seat belt on. Come on now. Safety first  @--0--0123
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011 & 2012
American Military Retirees Association
50 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 50 Years
Team: "Double Trouble"

Offline Steve S

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
    • cobbs legion hunting club
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »
Put a biscuit in his other hand and he'd look just like me in the mornings! LOL, nothing like Grandkids, spoil them and send them home!!! @--0--0105

Offline bones

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 4 Point
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 12:01:27 PM »
HA, They sure do start young now a days!  Just the other day my 3 y/o was driving her 3 wheeler around the kitchen.  She comes by me and says "look Dad" as she's driving around with both hands in the air.

Offline BOGO

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point Double Droptine
  • Is Ready for Turkey Season!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
Cute Kid........Thats the way my wife drives. She is on the phone putting on her make up and reading a book and driving with her knees.  @--0--0105
Its not always about the Harvest.Its about all the events & memories the Good Lord Blessed you with during the Hunt.Those are the Real Trophys!Remember to Love this land & Pass It on(25years experience of chasin Beards & Bucks)
*Pro Staff for Straight Creek Calls

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 07:22:46 AM »

great pics!  and your right taught way to early!
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline quackhead4life

• 4 Point
  • my cousin and I on public ground
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 04:24:37 PM »
well at least there isn't any texting going on
hunt hard be save and good luck

Offline copnjax

• 10 Point
  • My 10 pt. / 240 lb. Buck
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 05:25:33 PM »
Alright, Lane....pull over and let me see your driver's license  --099-780
Retired after 34 yrs. on Jacksonville (Fl.) Police Dept.  19 yrs. in patrol and last 15 yrs. in C.S.I.
Now I can hunt and go bass fishing anytime I want!  Started deer hunting in 2007 but, had many years as a teen hunting rabbits and squirrels.

Offline MichiganLouie

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • Prepper Community
  • 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 08:20:30 AM »
When my kids were little, and we were in the truck by ourselves (that meant my wife was at home, tending the home fires), I would tell them I could drive with my eyes closed.  Since they were seated next to me, and could not see both my eyes, I simply closed my right eye.  they always wondered how I could drive that way.  I'm not sure when they figured it out.  I only did it on our road, where there was little or no traffic, without any cross streets.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline KraQr

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • SOLO Hunter
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 09:51:56 AM »
I sure hope they outlaw texting here while driving.    My truck had 1200 miles on it. It was still smelling new.  I was parked off on the side of the road. Clearly off the road.  I had a 16 yr old girl come up behind me while she was texting on her phone come off the road and hit me squarely in the back of my truck while i was parked.  Smacked me like I was a target or something.  My brand new truck now had the bed of it sitting in the rear seat of my doublecab.    I got hauled off to the hospital with 2 broken vertabrae.     Cell phones need to be handsfree or NO use while driving.

'12 Bowtech Insanity CPX

New Page 3

Fall Hunting Classic Online at Basspro.com