New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: SD moose  (Read 1787 times)

Offline ddejong

• Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: SD moose
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »
I didn't know SD had moose, but that is a serious moose!!

Offline Goinhuntin

• Spike
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 10:27:15 PM »
I hope this works! Here should be the link to the artical the local paper ran, I thought it was a good read @--0--0104
http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2009/09/22/news/top/doc4ab9804600cf3018207612.txt
Hunting is a passion, Family is my life.

NAHC Member

Offline SRHunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
    • Scotland Ridge Hunting Club
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 07:25:16 PM »
 @--0--0130
When I die bury me where I can hear the turkeys gobble in the Spring time.

Offline shaun

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »
 @--0--0130

Online DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 08:47:33 PM »
we have some moose in NY bu very few ....... their is a season in maine,vermont and New hampshire I believe they are mean cusses during the rut and will travel miles to find love ;D

I have to add something today, In our local paper not 10 miles away from where I am sitting now, they got a picture of a moose crossing the road we dont get much of that here in NY....it was a bull too (young one lookin for love) @--0--0118
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline Goinhuntin

• Spike
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 09:01:36 AM »
Sad News! :(
           The moose in western SD has been poached. I'll try to attach the news paper article.
http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2009/10/05/news/top/doc4aca28380b2f9918402192.txt

It is a shame that there are people who care so little. And not much more bothers me more than something this STUPID!
Hunting is a passion, Family is my life.

NAHC Member

Offline sdwolfden

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 01:27:27 PM »
Since the GFP has allowed landowners to shoot mountain lions that cross their property with the excuse that they were threatened, maybe the GFP should check on the landowners that maybe thought the moose would break down their fences.  Too many pepole shoot first and ask questions later.  If I had been like them than I would have shot the 6x7 bul elk that I had at 30 yards even though it wasn't elk season(I NEVER SHOOT WHAT I DON'T HAVE A TAG FOR) and don't shoot everything I can shoot according to the rules.  I don't shoot coyotes or foxes because along with the mountain lions, they keep the woods clean and help control rodent and deer populations which are out of control around here.
Ethical hunting isn't just about perfect shot placement.  It's also the knowledge that you are an ethical hunter and a true sportsman.  Enjoy the hunt and the experience, whether you shoot something or not.   Live every day as if it's your last.
There's a reason it's called hunting, not shopping

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 04:53:40 PM »
Big boy!
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

New Page 3

Google Ad