New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: fall turkey ambushes  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Turkey_Addict

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
Re: fall turkey ambushes
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 08:01:27 PM »
I have had the most success in the fall by setting up between the roosting area and the hopefull feeding spot.

You didnt ask but I have never been able to get a good bust on the flock. Seems as if they all go the same direction.

If you have patterned them, you should be able to get near the roosting area and catch them going to feed.

I like to mimmick the boss hen with my calls and cut her calling off with my own. She will get mad and usually come to see you with the entire flock in tow.

Good luck to you.

Offline Turkeyhunter35

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • Spike
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 11:21:38 PM »
In the fall I like to set between the roost and the feeding area. Good luck trying to find the best spot, them buggers can be trickey in the fall. -0078
My Blog site http://theamericanoutdoorsmen.blogspot.com/
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
Bushnell Pro Staff
Taxidermist
NWTF Member
NRA Member
RMEF Member
D.U. Member

Offline dennis engeman

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 09:20:54 PM »
between feed and roost in the evening,because I'm there at the river bowhunting deer in the evening.(2 deer &2 turkey during bow season)This method works well because when I deer hunt I see turkeys &vise versa.

New Page 3

Google Ad