New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: gunstock blanks-where to get good ones  (Read 733 times)

Offline sdwolfden

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
gunstock blanks-where to get good ones
« on: August 21, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »
I received my grandfather's 1911 Winchester '94 25.35 caliber lever action saddle rifle from my father before he died.  He had the stock taped up and we found out it was broken.  We need a blank to make the stock.  I really want to hunt with it to honor both my father and grandfather.  Any suggestions?
Ethical hunting isn't just about perfect shot placement.  It's also the knowledge that you are an ethical hunter and a true sportsman.  Enjoy the hunt and the experience, whether you shoot something or not.   Live every day as if it's your last.
There's a reason it's called hunting, not shopping

Offline ManMountain

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
Re: gunstock blanks-where to get good ones
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 04:31:04 AM »
Boyd's offers some nice replacements and you can get them in a laminate if you want. I got the extra forends (rifle & shotgun) to match my T/C 209x50's grey/black laminate and the prices seemed very fair and service was quick. I still have to inlet and put the finish I want on them. There are numerous others that you can check out on the web. I got a Fajen "second" years back when I built my 338. Because it was a "second" and not their premium stock, I got it a lot cheaper and the imperfections gave me some good experience while I finished it.  @--0--0101

Dave
I've had the huntin bug for 49 years now.

Offline Jaeger

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
    • http://www.kassnerlaw.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 08:49:37 AM »
Cabela's offers walnut buttstocks and forends for Model 94's. 
NRA Life Member
NYS Lifetime Sportsman,
Trapping, Bowhunting and
Muzzleloading License Holder
NYS Tracking Dog License Holder

Offline bigrod357

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »
Look on Ebay. Theres always stocks for sale, just have to check back often to find what your looking for.  If your just looking for a blank piece of wood to make yourself  I have seen several on there that are real nice pieces and they go for a reasonable price too. I just picked up an old .22 stock that I had been lookin for for $10, can't beat that.
Nature does nothing uselessly

New Page 3

Google Ad