New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Cuddyback Capture  (Read 3722 times)

Offline swgahunter

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
    • drop zone outdoors
Re: Cuddyback Capture
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 10:44:44 AM »
those are some interesting points - buy each of you - i have personal experience with moultrie customer service and can't praise them enough - if i don't start building homebrews i think i am going up to the i40 or i60 -

sundowner - thanks for the info - i know the d40 does have a slow trigger as i stated in another post - but i was just curious as to how slow it was compared to the capture - but since yours are 3 years old the trigger is probably way slower than mine i just got this year -
living la vida qdm
when in doubt -- don't shoot

Offline bugfixer

• Administrator
  • 12 Point
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the new capture trigger speed was suppose to be faster the the older Cudde's which would make it really fast.

Offline BOW HUNTER

• 7 Point
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 11:20:57 AM »
 What does the capture got that all the other models don't?
N. Hoffmann, Racine,WI

Offline bugfixer

• Administrator
  • 12 Point
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »
It's more like what doesn't it have. The flash distance, megepixel, trigger speed are all in step with the other Cudde model. It is missing many of the advanced features that the Cudde Expert has, and it doesn't do movie clips. Most of these feature are ones that most hunter probably do not use. The setup is suppose to be super simple. It uses SD cards instead of the Compact Flash (I think this is a plus). There is a regular model and a IR model. There is a product comparison at the Cudde website 

Offline BOW HUNTER

• 7 Point
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
 The capture looks like the way to go. It seems to be not too pricy either.
N. Hoffmann, Racine,WI

Offline buschwacked

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 12:22:29 PM »
I'd steer clear of the Captures for a while.  Sounds like they have a bunch of bugs in them. 
Check out the reviews at:  http://www.chasingame.com
They do a pretty good job testing all the new cameras out there. 
Sounds like its a crapshoot if you get a working unit or not.
I've only had one contact with Cuddeback customer service and they were great.  But this was back in the day of the 35mm cameras.   

Offline bugfixer

• Administrator
  • 12 Point
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 12:35:23 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I have not had much luck camera scouting this year. Between the camera problem, and the fact that they started clear cutting where I put my camera out (almost lost it), and since it is getting so close to the end of the season, I have decided to wait till next spring to get a new camera and start fresh next summer. I will check the review again in march/april and see if they have the bugs worked out by then.

Offline curs1

• 12 Point
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 07:58:59 AM »
 Here is a  little info took it off   of winsupplys website they have them on sale for 199.00 no shipping  charges

The Cuddeback Capture is easy to use. You'll learn to operate it in just a minute or so. Capture's innovative rotary switch programming makes setup as simple as setting an alarm clock! Capture's Hair Trigger Technology gives you trigger speed that is up to twice as fast as previous Cuddeback models! The Capture also features exceptional battery life -- up to 2,000 images (or more) per set of batteries!
3 mega-pixel with HQ Processing takes color images day and night
Hair Trigger Technology - up to twice as fast as previous Cuddeback models (as fast as 1/3 of a second)
50 foot flash range
Easy-to-use rotary switch for programming
Test mode to determine detection zone
Five delay settings, from 30 seconds to 30 minutes
30 MB internal memory holds up to 100 images
SD card - removable image storage (card not included) 2GB maximum
Requires 4 D cell batteries (not included)
Weatherproof housing features 3-D Reality camo

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2008, 01:23:29 AM »
The internal 30 mg memory  and it's 100 pictures can be transfered to a Sd card , you can not down load to your computer from the camera .  The delay times are 30 seconds , 1min , 5 min , 15 min , 30 min . should have test pictures Sunday .
       Charlie
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline western KY hunter

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »
sundowner i seen in 1 of your pics you had what looked like acorn rage on the tree does the deer eat it or did  it melt 'if thats what it is'?
MIKE'S MAGIC  PRO STAFF
OWNER and HEAD GUIDE FOR RIVER OAK OUTFITTER'S
HUNTED FOR 33 YEARS
FOUNDER OF WKHTM

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 01:05:04 PM »
It was not the acorn rage , it's the one that they made before it . The coons ate most of it , but it did not melt . I have a picture of I think 4 baby coons on it at once .
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

New Page 3

Google Ad