New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Cuddyback Capture  (Read 3724 times)

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Cuddyback Capture
« on: August 13, 2008, 01:52:43 AM »
I got a Capture and will be putting it out this weekend so should have some test pictures from it early next week . I would like the compare it to my Excite . It dose not take videos .
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline swgahunter

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
    • drop zone outdoors
Re: Cuddyback Capture
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 09:18:05 AM »
i have seen them around  - i am curious to see some pics from it - get it out there quick and get some pics on here quicker!

are you going to set it by the moultrie to compare ???
living la vida qdm
when in doubt -- don't shoot

Offline chiefbigbear

• Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »
Let us know how it works --9-908
I HAVE A SMALL RANCH IN EDWARDS COUNTY CLOSE TO ROCKSPRINGS,TEXAS.
I AM INTERESTED IN DISCUSING HUNTING ISSUES WITH OTHER HUNTERS IN THAT GENERAL AREA.

Offline flbuckhunter

• 2008 Prize Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 03:15:53 PM »
I look forward to your input.
Hunting, I am not obsessed I am possessed.
South Florida Field Representative National Rifle Association
Endowment Life Member NRA
Lifetime Florida Sportsman's License Holder
Co-Chairman Sarabay Chapter Friends of the NRA
QDMA Member

Offline BOW HUNTER

• 7 Point
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 04:48:15 PM »
Please put it by your Moultrie. Thous are the 2 cam's I've been trying to compare. I would love to see a real world test done by such an excellent person as yourself. Please, please, please. --9-908
N. Hoffmann, Racine,WI

Offline swgahunter

• 2008 Prize Winner
    • drop zone outdoors
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »
BH - that is exactly what i was getting at - glad to see there is someone who thinks like me - scary - but i am glad
living la vida qdm
when in doubt -- don't shoot

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 01:37:19 AM »
Right now it is going on a walkway in a bottle neck . As far as the D-40 goes it is about 3 years old and to put it up next to the Cuddy would not be fair . The D-40 is a good camera if you have a area that will hold the subject for a little . It's trigger time is about 2 seconds , so you have to point it down a trail . The Cuddy's will trip in less than a second , and the Capture seems to trip with almost no delay . When I set it up I run some test shoots to see how it works and what the field of view is , then when I get home I can see if I what to move it a little . The last thing you want to find that the camera is not pointed where you want it after it has been out there 2 weeks and you have to wait 2 more weeks to fix it . as far as the pictures go here are one from the Excite ( think it is the same camera ) and the D- 40 .
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:52:11 AM by sundowner »
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 08:00:14 AM »
Nice pic's.

Offline curs1

• 12 Point
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »
I really liked my cudde 3.0 but when it came to customer service they   aren't the  best to deal with. They  have changed by now but I haven't contacted them in awhile. Camera is still not  working  right  either.

When I had a moultrie a couple  years ago it would not  take pics out past 15 feet and  trigger speed was way slow. They have improved on that end also over the last year .

Looking forward to everyones  input this fall

Offline bugfixer

• Administrator
  • 12 Point
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 09:30:54 AM »
curs1, what kind of problems are you having with your Cudde. Mine worked great for about 3 years, then started having problems. Every once in a while it get a "Card Error". Last time I put it out, I came back and it was like the battery was dead. I bump it and it came back on. It also got stuck with the LCD saying "Picture!", but would not come out of the capture mode. It still takes great pictures and has a supper fast trigger when it works properly. In all fairness this thing stayed in the woods all year long for 3 years. Been thinking about trading it in for a new one. I just wish they would take trade ins to get the Capture, right now it looks like you can only get the Exite, Expert, or no Flash.

Offline curs1

• 12 Point
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »
Mine would take pictures every couple seconds. Looked like a  strobe light at dusk. Took 500 pictures one night when it started.
When I called about service I was on wait for 1 hour then got the run around about upgrading to a newer model etc.

I tried  the reset like they mentioned but that didn't  work either.
I really liked mine but the customer service needs a lot to be desired, They may have improved but I have not called back either

Offline BOW HUNTER

• 7 Point
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 09:55:50 AM »
 I've had mine for around 4 or 5 years now. I don't have too many problems with it. It's just hard to get thru the menus, it always has that "do not remove memory card" go across the screen. This last time checking it it had been invaded by ants. So I'm sure I'll be in the market for a new one soon.
N. Hoffmann, Racine,WI

Offline bugfixer

• Administrator
  • 12 Point
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 09:58:59 AM »
I am trying to remember but doesn't cudde have a mode where it will take a picture on an interval. Not sure why yours would be stuck in that mode. I have never called tech support though, so no experience there.

Offline bugfixer

• Administrator
  • 12 Point
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 10:01:24 AM »
I've had mine for around 4 or 5 years now. I don't have too many problems with it. It's just hard to get thru the menus, it always has that "do not remove memory card" go across the screen. This last time checking it it had been invaded by ants. So I'm sure I'll be in the market for a new one soon.

This is suppose to be the big feature for the Capture. It is suppose to be much easier to use. You basically flip a switch and it is ready to go from what I have seen. I haven't held one in my hand yet.

Offline curs1

• 12 Point
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 10:12:44 AM »
Mine was set   on 3 minutes for a 2nd picture once triggered. But it started taking them every 30 seconds  even if no game was there, I was  in my other stand  late one afternoon and seen a strobe light effect. I first thought maybe some one  was lost but  then realized it was my camera. didn't take long to pull it down either lol

New Page 3

Google Ad