New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: doe bleats  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Arrowhead

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
doe bleats
« on: July 09, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »
I have heard allot about doe bleats, I use a grunt call now and am thinking of trying a bleat this fall. anyone had good results and any tips for uing one?

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
Re: doe bleats
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:23:18 AM »
I bleated up a few does last year but no bucks...
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline TxHunter

• 10 Point
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »
I used to use a Kmeer deer doe bleet in NC.  Behind my office several does would come out each morning.  I would sneek the back door and blow it a couple of times.  All the does would look up and every now and then I would actually get one to move in my direction.  No such luck in the woods.

I now carry only a doe in estrus call.  You can't see it very well in my profile picture, but that is an 11 point I shot two years ago that came to me after hitting that estus call.  I'll be posting more pictures of it and the story in the days to come.

Offline BubbaBrown

• Life is good at The Deer Camp!
    • The Deer Camp
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 06:23:47 PM »
I was hunting at my personal stand 3 years ago on the opening weekend of our gun season (weekend before Thanksgiving), I had decided that I would take a doe if the situation presented itself. At about 7:30 AM, 5 doe walked right under me from behind. I was about 20 feet high. I shot the last in line, the other ran off, out of site. I had my True Caller hanging around my neck, so for the heck of it, I hit the bleat call a couple of times. All four of the deer came back within 30 yards, they left and and I called them again. I did this two times. If you can get the doe to come in, she might bring her boyfriend with her.
Semi-Retired & Over the Hill

2009 TalkHunting Sportsman of the Year
www.thedeercamp.com
2009 TALK HUNTING WILD GAME COOK-OFF CHAMPION
Cpl. USMC 1970-1972, MOS 6064, Parachute Rigger

Offline TxHunter

• 10 Point
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 09:45:34 PM »
I was hunting at my personal stand 3 years ago on the opening weekend of our gun season (weekend before Thanksgiving), I had decided that I would take a doe if the situation presented itself. At about 7:30 AM, 5 doe walked right under me from behind. I was about 20 feet high. I shot the last in line, the other ran off, out of site. I had my True Caller hanging around my neck, so for the heck of it, I hit the bleat call a couple of times. All four of the deer came back within 30 yards, they left and and I called them again. I did this two times. If you can get the doe to come in, she might bring her boyfriend with her.

Too Cool!

Offline Bowmanraasch

• 12 Point
  • Team 46 - East Coast Assasins
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 10:37:43 AM »

this a doe i harvested the second day of our 2 week shotgun season i used a fawn bleat  i was hunting out of a tree stand was getting a little nugy so i let a couple beats out and she came in fast right to my tree.
2007 season
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:19:01 AM by BubbaBrown »

Offline rugerred

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Take a kid hunting and you take one off the street
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
Have had a couple come into the LiL Can.  One ten point caught me by suprise on a combo fall turkey hunt and an antlerless hunt combo.  Couldnt take him anyway.
Hoyt Katera
Hoyt Power Tech
Ruger Red Label
Big Black Labs

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »
I was sitting in a box stand with a buddy on a huge hay field. At about 9 AM, we saw a coyote cross the field at about 180 yards. He ran accross so fast we couldnt get a scope on him. I started blowing on my grunt call (set down to fawn bleat) in hopes of bringing him back... After the 5th or 6th bleat, this big doe came busting out of the woods into the hayfield looking for that fawn. She looked and looked and when she couldnt find it she started to leave. We let her get almost out of the field before blowing on it again. Here she came back, same as before... We messed with that doe for almost an hour. It was funny as all get out....  I will remember that during bow season this year...
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline farmerdunn

• Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
I used the fawn call. Four doe came in under my stand and a buck and doe came into about 60 yds. I used the Ridgerunner call.

Offline swgahunter

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
    • drop zone outdoors
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »
i use the k'meer deer fawn bleat and the primos can - both worked for me last year - the fawn bleat will get those doe coming in hot or get them to stop if they are spooked - the can brought in two yearling bucks for me - but nothing bigger
living la vida qdm
when in doubt -- don't shoot

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 11:41:54 AM »
I know this sounds stupid but I just grunt with my mouth.

New Page 3

Google Ad